According to a research report by Stratview Research, the super absorbent polymers market was estimated at USD 10.38 billion in 2022 and is likely to grow at a CAGR of 5.82% during 2023-2028 to reach USD 14.61 billion in 2028.
What are super absorbent polymers?
Super absorbent polymers (SAPs) are a type of polymer material that has the ability to absorb and retain large amounts of liquid relative to their own weight. It is a cross-linked polymer, that contains sodium atoms.
These polymers are widely used in a variety of applications including personal hygiene products, agriculture, medical applications, construction materials, and more. SAPs, after reaching their capacity of absorption, swell and become a gel-like substance that can hold liquid without leaking or losing shape.
The super absorbent polymers market was negatively impacted by the pandemic in the year 2020 owing to the lockdowns and decline in manufacturing efficiency due to labor shortage. However, there was an increased demand for medical and hygienic products like wipes and diapers which are made using super absorbent polymers. These products experienced an increase in demand during the Covid period.
The super absorbent polymers market is driven by several factors including–
- Rising awareness of personal hygiene and eco-friendly products– The rise in demand for disposable diapers, feminine hygiene products, adult incontinence products, etc. is one of the major factors behind the growth of the super absorbent polymers market. For instance, BASF SE– a leading chemical company has increased the application of super-absorbents like Hysorb and SAVIVA in incontinence products and baby diapers.
- Growing need for advanced agricultural products– Super absorbent polymers in agriculture are used to improve water retention in soil, unforeseen drought conditions, salination, overuse of synthetic fertilizers, improve crop yield, etc.
- Food packaging– The use of super absorbent polymers in food product packaging is rapidly growing, since these materials can absorb and retain excess moisture, improving the shelf life of the products.
This report provides market intelligence in the most comprehensive way. The report structure has been kept such that it offers maximum business value. It provides critical insights into the market dynamics and will enable strategic decision-making for the existing market players as well as those willing to enter the market. The following are the key features of the report:
- Market structure: Overview, industry life cycle analysis, supply chain analysis
- Market environment analysis: Growth drivers and constraints, Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis
- Market trend and forecast analysis
- Market segment trend and forecast
- Competitive landscape and dynamics: Market share, product portfolio, product launches, etc.
- Attractive market segments and associated growth opportunities
- Emerging trends
- Strategic growth opportunities for the existing and new players
- Key success factors
Leading Players Covered in the Super Absorbent Polymers Market Report:
- Nippon Shokubai
- BASF SA
- Evonik Industries
- Sumitomo Corporation
- LG Chem Ltd.
- SDP Global Co., Ltd.
- Formosa Plastics
- Yixing Danson
- Satellite Science & Technology Co., Ltd.
- Kao Corporation.
To develop better customer understanding, the team at Stratview Research employ a range of quantitative and qualitative market research approaches. This report aims to help the users make use of the available data in a way, that profits the business and leads to growth.
Stratview Research is interested in learning what additional information, if included, would be beneficial to the users’ business. We also customise reports based on your preferred countries/regions, segmentations, companies, and so on. You can share any specific requirements related to market assessment, competitive benchmarking, sourcing and procurement, target screening, and others, please send your inquiry to email@example.com
Stratview Research is a global market research firm that delivers precise data and ground-breaking business study, helping organizations of all sizes make suitable decisions. We gather information for our clients, assisting them to address various challenges, and trends related to their market.